Getting started with ITM Secure is easy
ITM Secure is the only independent and objective trustmark to verify companies on the Web. We allow online businesses to build confidence with potential customers in a highly competitive market place. Researches also show conversion rates are higher when the seal is displayed.
ITM Secure 12 standards
We have created a 12-item list that describes the requirements we demand from e-retailers who want to be approved by ITM Secure. We verify your website to ensure that you initially comply with the guidelines, then we carry out periodic spot checks and deal with any complaints from consumers in order to ensure compliance with the guidelines over time.
1. Company Information should be stated clearly with the company's full name and legal entity (if any), registration number, street address, email address and / or telephone number where the consumer can make any complaints. If you have special working hours for customer support, those times should be clearly indicated on the website.
2. The company's support availability must not exceed 48 hours after the request is received. If the matter can not be answered within 48 hours, the customer should be notified of this. The company should notify the reason for the delay, why the consumer's question can not be answered.
3. The consumer's right for assistance. The consumer is always right to apply for help directly to the company with complaints, withdrawals and other purchase related queries even if the company itself does not provide the product or service.
4. Product and total costs should be clearly stated on the product / service. In addition, the consumer should be able to see what the total price is, including all taxes, fees and total delivery costs. Also, all characteristics of a product or service should be described in full and available at any time prior to a purchase.
5. Delivery terms. When purchasing, the consumer must be informed of the maximum delivery period from the time an order has been made. If the company can not deliver within the agreed time, the consumer must be informed of the reason for the delay and of a new delivery date. The consumer should then be entitled to cancel the purchase without charge.
6. Refund Policy. The consumer is entitled to recover the money within 30 days from the purchase date if he cancels an order.
7. Right to cancel. The consumer should be informed about their right to cancel the order and of the canceling policy. Consumer should be entitled without cost to open the package and verify if the product works.
8. Complaints & Seller Warranty. Сonsumer should be informed about the complaints policy, the name and address where they can correspond to. The consumer has the right to complain about a product or service if the product or service characteristics are different from what appears on the website and as agreed upon or required by law.
9. Manuals. A product must be accompanied with the instructions in physical or digital form that the consumer needs to start using the product.
10. Sales to minors. Company should not enter into contracts with minors (under 18) without parental consent.
11. Financial Security. Company must submit financial stability and good credit.
12. Secure payment solutions. If the enterprise or third party manages credit card information or information of direct transmission, the party handling the data should meet the requirements of PCI DSS. The company must also employ technology that allows identification of the cardholder. If the company stores personal data, the consumer's consent must be requested. Company has to protect personal data from external intrusion.
Where to put the ITM Secure Trustmark
Display the seal wherever consumers can see it:
The more visible the seal is, the more confidence consumers will have that your business is centered around them and the quality of the customer experience.
ITM Secure Influence
Studies show that people buy and spend more with companies that have trusmark on them. Having a trustmark on your website actually means that somebody else thinks that you provide great products and services — and ITM Secure is the only credible signal for that. What's more, the ITM Secure seal is fast becoming the most recognized service trustmark by consumers across a wide variety of categories. Including yours.